What is brass fitting?
Brass fittings comprise a wide range of threaded fasteners, pipe attachments and flare fittings. Due to its exceptional qualities such as rust resistance, hardness, durability and flexibility, brass fittings are widely used in plumbing applications and pneumatic systems. Brass is a blend of copper that unites zinc as an alloying element.
Brass fittings are in high demand as of some inherent properties which make them greater than other materials. Brass fittings are also used in automotive applications such as air brakes, fuel line valves, and hose ends. Other uses include ballcock adapters, cooler and refrigerator fittings and compression fittings. Read more on Brass Fittings here.
What are the features of Brass fittings?
- Good corrosive resistance
- Fantastic plating, joining, polishing and finishing characteristics
- Easily machined and can be given any shapes of the various types of fittings available
- Relative softness of metal providing a tight seal and ease of installation.
- Brass provides a more solid platform to simplify the flow of air and liquid.
- Brass fittings have excellent high-temperature ductility and reasonable cold ductility.