Do you know the basics of pneumatic hardware?
Every pneumatic system has typical basic components. The first is being compressor, followed by a system to distribute the clean and dry air which is produced.
Here are the common pneumatic components on automated machines:-
- Air preparation system (lock-out/shut-off, combination filter or regulator, soft start valve)
- Control valves and manifolds (Air pilot, manual and solenoid operated)
- Actuator and air cylinder
- Tubing and hoses
- Push-to-connect / push in fittings
- Discrete pressure switches
- Components and accessories
Most facilities have a plant air supply, hence the machine pneumatic system begins with the air preparation unit, in which the plant air is connected. The air prep system includes a lockable and manual shutoff valve, filter, water trap and pressure regulator.
The air preparation system generally feeds the valves or valve manifold that includes manual, solenoid-operated, air piloted control valves to turn the supply of and on. A wide variety of pneumatic components such as flow controls, hand valves, quick exhaust valves, check valves, inline pressure regulators, indicators and gauges are also used, part of the air prep system.
Other Related Articles:
No. 2749, Ground Floor, Jalan Chain Ferry, Taman Inderawasih, 13600, Perai, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Tel: +604-380 1277
Tel: +604-380 1278
Fax: +604-380 1279