Choosing the right FRL units safeguards the air quality for your tools as well as optimizes tools performance and lifespan. Here are the 4 things to consider when purchasing a Filter Regulator Lubricator (FRL):
1. Study your environment:
Types of FRLs varies based on the environments you would like to install them.
We recommend users to use metallic FRLs for tough industrial environments, such as oil & gas and heavy machinery,
- foundries and shipyards.
- Composite FRLs can used for small industries including vehicle service environments.
2. Select the right type of FRL
It’s common to select between FRL units with 2 or 3-stage. Although both solutions deliver the same three functions – Regulation, Filtering, Lubrication, the key variances between these two types of FRLs are its compression and aesthetics. A 3-stage unit is anyhow recommended for higher dynamic pressure.
- In certain environments, you might only require one or two functions; either filter, regulate or lubricate air. In this scenario, you can select a 1-stage FRL. See the types of FRL here.
3. Take account of your airline installation thread & standards into the mix:
- Identify the thread size: See if its 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 3/8
- Identify sealing type: There are nearly regional variances as well as industry preferences.
4. Consider the air flow needed by the tool:
It is essential to denote to the air tool manufacturer recommendation and to choose an FRL with an air flow capacity greater to the tools requirements.
As simple as that! Need help in choosing the right FRL for your industry, drop us a note here and we shall get back to you within the same business day.
Other Related Articles:
No. 2749, Ground Floor, Jalan Chain Ferry, Taman Inderawasih, 13600, Perai, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Tel: +604-380 1277
Tel: +604-380 1278
Fax: +604-380 1279