What are Pneumatic components?
Pneumatic components are typically components of a pneumatic systems. What is pneumatic system? Pneumatic system is a branch of engineering that transmits powers using gas or compressed air, instead of liquid as in hydraulic.
In pneumatic system, air is pumped into a receiver using a compressor. The receiver grasps a huge volume of compressed air to be used by the pneumatic system. The filters and air dryers are used in pneumatic systems to keep compressed air dry and clean as the atmospheric air contains airborne dirt, water vapour and other contaminants. This improves reliability and service life of the components and system. Pneumatic systems also use an assortment of valves to control direction, pressure and speed of actuators.
Get to know the pneumatic components
The pneumatic system include 4 basic working cells which are air source pre-treatment cells, air power source cells, air control cells and air actuator cell. These fours cells are connected by fittings and hoses.
A pneumatic system generally comprises of air compressor, air dry, air source treatment (air filter, air regulator and air lubricator), air cylinder, air valve and air actuator. Meanwhile they need air fittings and air hose to connect the components. To gain more function, the system will require more components such as throttle valve, quick exhaust valve, slide valve, silencer and check valve.
Where Is Pneumatics usually Use?
We are surrounded by pneumatic systems without realizing it. Below are some example:-
– Pressure sensors are used to measure the pressure of gases or liquids.
– Gas compressors are devices that upsurge the pressure of a gas by decreasing its volume.
– Pneumatic cylinders use the power of compressed gas to generate a force.
– Pipe organs generate sound by pushing pressurized air through pipes that are selected by pressing keys on a keyboard.
– Exercise machines also uses pneumatic systems. A pneumatic cylinder creates resistance that can be accustomed with air pressure
– A vacuum pump eliminates gas molecules from a sealed container, leaving a partial vacuum.
– Pneumatic mail systems transport letters through pressurized air tubes. This was developed by a Scottish engineer in the 1800s.
– Gas-operated reloading provides energy to run firearms.
– Air brakes on buses and trucks. This system use a type of friction brake in which compressed air presses on a piston, and then applies the pressure to the brake pad that stops the vehicle.
What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Pneumatics?
- Infinite availability of the source
- Easy channeled
- Temperature is flexible
- Can be stored
- Easy utilized
- Requires installation of air-producing equipment.
- Easy to leak
- Potential noise
- Easy condenses
Do you require pneumatic products for your production line or factory?
EC Pneumatic & Hardware has over 16+ years’ experience in the industry, enabling us to source the right mechanisms for your pneumatic components in Malaysia based on respective requirements. As a primer pneumatic component supplier in Malaysia, our products are of first-class quality & performance, which makes it easy to fit in your desired workflow. We also carry a collection of leading brands and manufacturers in the industry such as SWISH, CKD, Parker, SMC, ASCO, JISAN and heaps more. Check out our offerings of pneumatic products.
If you’re interested in working with EC Pneumatic & Hardware, contact us today.
To place an order or request for a quote, do contact us & our team of experts will get back to you with their professional advice.
Lastly, don’t forget to share this post!
related articles & products
Selecting the right pneumatic component or material to suit any pneumatic application is important to ensure a long service life. Read the articles below to know more about it’s specification & features.
Pneumatic Air Fitting
Explore various types of Pneumatic (Air) Fitting here
Know the types of fittings available – Brass and Push-In
Choose between plastic and metal push-in fittings
Pneumatic Air Set
Combined to function as a unit in a pneumatic system
A solid platform to simplify flow of air & liquid
All you need to know
explore more topics
Ready to learn something new? We’ve got more to read here.